Sunday, September 20, 2009

Marvin's Letter to Margie - 15 May 1955

Note: I probably should have typed all the letters at one time because I just realized there is an 'order' to them!

Blanding, Utah
15 May 1955

Dear Margie:

Sunday night again so will try and bring yo up to date on the news which is rather scarce this week. I hate to keep complaining about the weather but we have had three days of wind and dust till we can hardly keep on top. I went to Mex[ican] Hat yesterday to dig up a tank and when I go home I washed a half a cup full of sand out of my eyes and nose and hair. Phil thinks we should move if we can find a place that doesn't blow but I don't know where that would be.

We didn't go to Salt Lake, went over and talked to Sandergar (sp?) and he thot he could do this building for us. Phil is working on details of the place so that he can give us our internals, we might be able to start within about eight rooms.

Sandergar said Frank Hall's motel cost $56,000.00 and when it was about ready for use the inspector condemned the plumbing and they have to take it all out and do it over. I think Sandergar was quite impressed with Phil's plan.

Well I suppose Caorline is home now and I think it is wonderful that she gets along so well. It just doesn't seem possible that they [have] such a big family, and such a fine one. I am ver proud of them.

We are getting along very nicely. Ethel and Lynn are taking good care of us. I am only eating 2 meals a day and sometimes one. I feel fine no heartburn or upset stomach from eating too much and too often. The boys fix up a little on the side here at home quite often. Marilyn is buying things in good condition.

We finally heard from France and dutch and according to their calculation we should just about have another grandchild by now. According to their fugures they should be homeward bound in about three weeks which will be about the same time as your home run. You will all be very welcome.

Next Sunday I must go to Moab for High Council Visit and the next Sunday to Lockerby. (Where is/was Lockerby???) It will be a terrible rely. When it is ___ it is wonderful to be on the High Council if I didn't feel so incompetent and I feel less competent as time goes on.

Well, I don't seem to think of any more to say so might as well close.

Much love to you and the family. Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment